About Dr Wynand E. van Tonder
Dr. Wynand E. van Tonder is a specialist gynaecologist and obstetrician specialising in reproductive medicine and endoscopic surgery at Sandton Mediclinic, Bryanston, Johannesburg. After training as a primary physician, and feeling a deep need to help childless couples fulfill their dreams and prayers to be parents, Dr. van Tonder pursued further training in all aspects of obstetrical and gynaecological medicine. He knew that his comprehensive knowledge and training as a specialist would help patients seeking his medical advice on their journey to parenthood.
What distinguishes Dr. van Tonder from many medical practitioners is his academic and highly individualised approach to patient care. “Time is of no importance when consulting with me,” he says. Being holistically and academically inclined, Dr. van Tonder is constantly updating his knowledge with the latest training and medicinal education so that every patient and couple receives the best possible care for their unique situations.
Over and above gynaecology and obstetrics, Dr. van Tonder performs all aspects of advanced infertility treatment, with special interest in endoscopic and microscopic training (post-graduate) as well as reproductive medicine.
- Bachelors and Masters degrees in advanced endoscopic gynaecological surgery (ITAS), obtained through IRCAD, Strasbourg, France, the most advanced endoscopic training unit in the world
- Masters degree in reproductive and embryology (cum laude) through the IVI Valencia Institute coupled with the University of Valencia, Spain
- Advanced laparoscopic and endoscopic workshops including robotic surgery at the Galaxy Care Hospital, Pune, India, responsible for the country’s first womb transplant
- Advanced ultrasound workshops
- Advanced urogynaecology workshops
- Professor J.T. Nel – microsurgery
- Professor H. Cronje – oncosurgery and urogynaecology
- Dr. D. Quinlen, Professor Wattiez and Dr. Shailesh Puntambekar – advanced endoscopic surgery